Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 6 Painting - Time for R and R (working on foam patterns)

Progress end of Day 6

 Progress end of Day 6

Day 6 - I had class last night with six adults. We were wrapping up a painting so they could take it home before the holidays. I worked overtime to get it done. Teaching is one of the best jobs. People come to class because they want to be there. And as a teacher, it is rewarding to see their development. The art studio is a place my students feel they can have fun and relax after a stressful day of work.  Creating art is good therapy!

After class I return home. It is late. I think to myself, I don’t have time to work on my big painting today. But I need to make the time. I turn on the news to catch up on events. I only have time to work on the lower half of the water. I focus on the foam patterns. I still need to work this area further to develop it better. However, I love the results thus far. I will continue working on the water another day.


I love water. It has always been my desire to learn to paint the ocean in it’s many forms. I particularly love the transparent clean waters of the South Pacific and Hawaii region. I’m drawn to paint calm waters. It took many, many years of trial and error and tons of practice to finally capture the ocean on canvas. And to be honest, I’m still learning, albeit at a much more rapid rate. It didn’t start out this way in my early development as an artist; there was a time when I felt like a slow learner. And honestly, I was too busy to practice let a lone breath. But that has changed (another story) and now I am pursuing my passion with gusto!


Today I painted for about an hour. I’ll get busy this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment